Davidson Capital Advisors Analyst Program.
The Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain experience working on investment banking transactions that will prepare you to be effective day one with larger investment banking institutions.
Investment Banking Program Overview
The Investment Banking team is dedicated to understanding the unique competitive and operating environments of our clients. The group combines strong relationships and industry knowledge with the private capital markets and advisory capabilities that include debt and equity capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, and restructuring. Our team maintains active relationships with a broad universe of lower middle companies and is highly experienced in delivering exceptional execution.
The analyst will receive a 2-week intensive investment banking training class that includes sophisticated financial modeling methodologies covering cash flow analysis, credit analysis, corporate valuation, relative valuation, merger and restructuring modeling. Additionally, this class will train the analyst on best excel practices. Analysts will receive on the job training and exposure to a variety of industry and advisory assignments. Analyst will learn how to use the firm’s models and develop their own models as they gain more skill and expertise.
After a year with Davidson Capital Advisors, analyst will be able to find opportunities with larger investment banking institutions with the experience gained from working at Davidson Capital Advisors.
Provides investment banking and advisory services to clients in the following industries: general industrial, retail, manufacturing, distribution, business services, healthcare, and technology.
Analysts assume significant responsibility that may include:
- Developing and maintaining models to depict projected financial results and to value companies
- Working closely with senior bankers on presentations, financial and credit analysis, and the preparation of financial projections and models
- Supporting various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Preparing presentations and other materials for clients
- Conducting research, participating in strategic planning and assisting in the execution of advisory services
- Conducting financial analysis, preparing credit packages, and monitoring existing deals; creating pitches, proposals, and marketing materials
- Participating in client meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to key executives and senior bankers
- BS/BA degree or higher granted prior to the program start date
Analysts must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills and personal motivation. It is strongly preferred that your background include:
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in Microsoft Office suite of products. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are critical.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interest in financial markets with knowledge attained through coursework, individual study and prior work experience in accounting and finance
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious and proactive
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results